Monday, April 11, 2011

FCAT

This week two of my children will take the FCAT and for those of you who don't know what that is, it is an acronym for Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test. There is a huge amount of stress that comes with taking and administering this test. So, this morning I woke up an hour earlier to fix a special breakfast for my little darlings to prepare them for their big day. They ate a hearty breakfast and then we were out the door. I have done everything on my end to prepare them for the test. At the end of the school day, both boys came home and said that they thought the test was easy. I didn't tell them this, but I really don't care if the test was easy or not, all I want is for them to do their best. They both were so worried and stressed about the test this morning so I was happy when they came home with smiles on their faces. I think I had more of a concern over their anxiety level than anything else. I just didn't want them to psyche themselves out. In the end, I believe that they both will pass the FCAT and advance to the next grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment