Monday, April 4, 2011

I Love Drama Kids


There are parties, but then again there are parties. And I love a good party just as much as the next person. I like to cut up and visit with old friends surrounded by a ton of great food. This weekend, we had a party of that magnitude. My oldest son performed in his final high school production of the year and so we decided to celebrate after the closing show. All of the cast and crew ended up at our house for some old fashioned barbecue. The title of the play was The History of America Abridged, so we thought barbecue would be very fitting with that theme. The kids began to arrive around 9:30 and ended up staying until 1:00. They ate, played XBOX and then acted out random scenes from other previous productions. My husband and I enjoyed just sitting back and watching them hang out together. Oftentimes drama kids get a bad rap for being a little weird. Yes, they are definitely a different breed. Even more important, they are so incredibly creative! Their minds seem to be filled with so many random facts--and show tunes. It will be very interesting to see where these kids are in ten to fifteen years. I am expecting greatness out of all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment